Saturday, November 14, 2015

Photo editing




Let's talk about photo editing!

I love playing around with different lights and hues in my photos. I mainly use Lightroom for photo editing.

However, I have a very strict rule for myself that I can never change things in photoshop that I wouldn't be able to change in real life. Sure, I'm okay with filling in a bit of smudged eyeliner in PS, or fixing some stray wig hair strands, or playing around with light settings - because it's something I could've done for real and then taken a new photo of, it's simply time saving.

But I wouldn't be able to change anything about my physical appearence in photoshop. I know the view on this is very different from cosplayer to cosplayer (and photographer to photographer), but this is just something personal. I feel like in a hobby where everything is fake, glitter and illusions, I have to at least be true enough to myself to trust my own appearence. It's also a confidence thing, haha. My confidence is surprisingly low, so this is a step to perhaps building it up a bit Smiley smile

What's you opinion on photo editing? Where do you draw your line?

No comments:

Post a Comment