Thursday, November 26, 2015

Monokuma (CosPicky wig review)



I was given an opportunity to review a wig from CosPicky, namely their Monokuma wig, and since I'm a HUGE Dangan Ronpa fan I was really excited!

The wig is split in two parts; one black and one white. It's made out of high quality fibers and was very easy to style and arrange due to the wig being so thick and the strands flexible. The wig has adjustable hooks on the inside, making it easier for you to adjust the size to your own head.


I have always been a fan of thick wigs, haha, and this one even has some grey strands in the middle to even out the line between the black and white! I barely had to cut it anything because the style it arrived in already fit my take on the character so well. The "ears" styled themselves pretty much, because all I needed to do was pull my fingers through the wig a couple of times and the shape would still stay. I do reccmmend fixing your wig with hairspray though, just in case! 

I love this makeup and would totally want to cosplay Monokuma on a convention one day with a full group! The wig was a bit big, which is perfect for me since I have very long hair that all needs to fit under the wig cap, haha.


Time for some numbers~

Comfort: 5/5 
(Super comfy and well fitting wig!)

Accuracy to picture on website: 4/5 
(The wig looks a bit longer on the wig head used on CosPicky's website, 
but that's probably because the wig head is smaller than my head!)

Accuracy to character: 5/5
(Well, Monokuma is a bear and doesn't have hair in that sense, but color and 
style-wise it's as accurate as it gets.)

Quality: 5/5
(Soft, flexible fibers and really thick in general. Easy to
style and maintain a hair style on.)

Fit: 4/5
(I just have a very small head, hahaha <3)



All in all I'm very happy with the wig and would definitely recommend everyone considering cosplaying Monokuma to get CosPicky's wig for him! This wig actually made me really hyped for finishing a Monokuma cosplay sometime in the future, but I'll need a group first, haha <3

You can find the wig in CosPicky's store here, and if you use the code Mitternacht Cosplay you'll get 10% off all your big orders.

I also made a makeup tutorial on Monokuma's makeup, you'll find it below! It also has some better shots of the wig as a whole!





Thank you so much for reading, take care <33



1 comment:

  1. OMG awesome make-up and wig! *_*
    I've always been drawn to black and white wigs and I've been considering buying a "Monokuma wig" just because split wigs are amazing! I don't know the character since I'm not familiar with the series but yeah, I'd totally buy a wig like this anyway because it just looks hella cool!
    Thanks for reviewing ~

    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Cosplay & Circle Lens Blog ☆
    ☆ Facebook Cosplay Page ☆
    ☆ Ink & Sword Lifestyle Blog ☆

    ReplyDelete