Friday, March 4, 2016

Harley Quinn Cosplay Review

I've always been a big fan of Batman. Me and my boyfriend especially enjoy playing all the games together, and it didn't take long before I fell in love with Harley's outfit in Arkham Knight. To be honest I've always had a major minor crush on Harley, so when Cosplay Sky offered me to review their Harley costume from said game, I was so extremely happy and excited there was just no end to it.





As ever, you can choose for Cosplay Sky to either send you a version of the costume in sizes XS to XXXL, or you can have them make a customized costume just for your measurements, which is what I did. They have a helpful little guide on their web page that helps you to measure. The costume arrived in a good fit, except that it was a little big in the corset and leggins, but again that might be because I might have lost some weight during the processing of the costume. Either way it was nothing that a few small and quick seams couldn't fix! :) If you're better at measuring than me I'm sure you'll receive a costume that fits you perfectly!





These pieces are included when you buy the costume;
  • White blouse
  • Corset (without boning)
  • Harness in three pieces
  • Two belts
  • Two arm warmers (black and red)
  • One pair of leggings with printed symbols



The costume is extremely well made and although the harness looked a bit scary when I unpacked it, it wasn't hard at all to put on! The harness fastens with snap buttons into the two belts, and since the silver studs on the belts are all snap buttons, you can choose on your own where to fasten the harness so that it fits you good. All the silver rings on the costume are in real metal, and the white lace comes in several layers and is truly gorgeous. The costume arrived in a safe bag saying "Cosplay Sky" and was folded and packed very neatly to prevent wrinkles.

Since almost all the fastenings are velcro or elastic strings (and snap buttons) it's very easy to adjust the costume to fit you good. However, should you feel the need to make some slight changes to the costume's size, the material is very thankful to sew in.

I'm also quite impressed on how sturdy the costume is! It sits very snugly and in place while I'm wearing it, and doesn't move around or get wrinkly or dislocated. The fabrics are all very sturdy and of high quality. 




Time for some ratings!
  • Comfort; 5/5
  • Size: 4/5
  • Accuracy to original: 5/5
  • Movability: 3/5
  • Quality: 5/5

Comfort;
5/5
The cosplay was extremely comfortable to wear, 
if it hadn't been for my shoes and lenses I would
have had no trouble wearing it for a full day. Harness
fit like a glove and didn't hinder my movement at all!


Size;
4/5
The cosplay arrived a bit too large, so I had 
to take in a few seams in the corset and leggins
for it to fit me. However if this is due to the
creators of the fact that I might have lost some
weight remains a mystery :) 


Accuracy to original; 
5/5
Costume is extremely true to original, down to
the exact same colors of the fabric to every last
detail, however small. From the intricate pattern on
the stomach down to the printed symbols on the leggins
everything is exactly identical to the original. 


Movabiliy;
3/5
While the costume was extremely comfortable, it did 
hinder me slightly in my movement. Mostly because the
blouse wasn't stretchable I wasn't able to raise my arms 
as much as I might have needed. 


Quality;
5/5
The cosplay is extremely well made, with lining on
everything except blouse and leggins, sturdy seams
and zippers and the stretchy material kept its shape
and didn't disform after being worn. Fabrics are of 
good quality and survived a rough shoot in an 
abandoned house extremely well.



I have also made a video review over at my YouTube channel if you'd like a closer look on the separate pieces of the costume, as well as a short lipsync clip haha :D






All in all I'm extremely satisfied and happy with this costume, and I would warmly recommend it to anyone who feels like cosplaying Harley! CosplaySky is a great alternative for cosplays if you're looking for quality and accuracy :)


Some bonus photos as well!









Thanks for reading!

Love and warm hugs
Mitternacht





4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! You fit Harley like a glove, spot-on!
    Thanks for the detailed review too; always appreciated when people review costume stores to keep the cosplay community safe and informed! Thanks a ton! :D

    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Cosplay & Circle Lens Blog ☆
    ☆ Facebook Cosplay Page ☆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cosplay ! Get cheap quality Harley Quinn cosplay costume from Vcosplay.com for your Harley Quinn cosplay now !

    ReplyDelete
  3. ce cosplay est vraiment magnifique, je vois ça dans la boutique de cosplaysky.fr,et maintenant je sais la qualité est bien. Merci pour votre review.http://cosplaysky.fr/le-plus-consulte/harley-quinn.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your Harley Quinn is awesome. For more high quality Harley Quinn cosplay costume, I recommend you can see this website: https://cosplay007.com/

    ReplyDelete